Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) | Minneapolis, MN
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a long-term strategic procurement plan that supports the organization’s objectives.
- Lead the procurement team in the execution of established contracts and procurement strategies.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers, ensuring the best terms and quality of purchased goods and services.
- Manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity, and reliability.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with company and procurement policies, as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement procurement-related training programs for the procurement team and organization.
- Identify and drive cost-saving initiatives in alignment with procurement strategies.
- Establish metrics for tracking and analyzing procurement system performance.
- Oversee and manage procurement systems and operational reports.
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related field. A Master’s degree or MBA would be a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in procurement or supply chain management, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
- Proven track record of implementing successful procurement strategies.
- Strong understanding of the supply chain process and vendor management.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to manage and develop a high-performing team.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to make informed decisions based on data.
- Proficiency with procurement software and related technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
The Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) is responsible for developing a strategic approach to the corporate procurement and material management process for the acquisition of direct and indirect goods and services. This role involves leading and directing all facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to, procurement, strategic sourcing, logistics, vendor management, contract negotiations, supply management, and oversight for the purchasing function.
This is a key strategic role in ensuring cost-effective and efficient procurement operations. This individual will be a leader with a vision for supply chain and procurement development, working collaboratively with various internal departments and external partners to ensure the overall success of the organization’s goals.
Connect with Us
Send ERG Your Resume