Dentist | Baraga, MI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Provides dental health services to designated population in accordance with Indian Health Service Policies.
- Provides the Tribal Health Administration with information and assistance in development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of the Tribal Dental Programs.
- Ability to work effectively with others for timely job completion.
- Supervises facility dental staff.
- Implementation of facility dental activities in accordance with the Tribal Dental Program.
- Advisor to the Tribal Health Administrator on all matters pertaining to oral health.
- Establishes and maintains relations with other health disciplines and Tribal Health Groups as well as other official and non-officials health educational and governing organization.
- Manages acknowledgement of communications and submission of required reports.
- Makes clinical and radiographic examinations of the oral hard and soft tissues and a diagnosis of pathological and irregular conditions.
- Performs endodontic, prosthodontic, periodontics, endodontic, operative, preventive and orthodontic services; performs simple, compound, and complex restorations, administers local anesthesia and/or nitrous oxide analgesia.
- Studies results of examination and determines types of service required, performs routine and complex tooth extractions and removal of residual root tips, removes localized foreign bodies from gingival tissues and alveolar sockets, performs root canal therapy.
- Treats diseases of salivary glands and their ducts.
- Performs dental care for patients with behavioral problems. Informs patients about good dental health practices. Supervises lower graded Dental Officer(s) and dental auxiliaries.
- Reviews patient’s medical and dental history for evidence of past and present conditions such as medical illnesses and use of drugs which may complicate or alter dental hygiene treatment.
- Examines the head, neck and oral cavity for evidence of disease.
- Provides patient education in oral hygiene techniques and self-care programs to prevent disease.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Take impressions for study models and mouth guards and fabricates mouth guards.
- Utilizes universal precautions and practice infection control protocols.
- Maintains OSHA records to include current MSDS.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the dental aspect of RPMS.
- Earns required continuing education credits to maintain Michigan licensure.
- Records oral conditions of the teeth and surrounding tissues, progress and therapy notes, appointments, provide oral screenings for Head Start students.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Necessary Qualifications & Experience:
- Education Requirement: Graduate of accredited dental school or college.
- Holds current license to practice dentistry in Michigan or is able to communicate expected time frame for obtaining Michigan licensure.
- Preference will be given to qualified individuals of American Indian descent.
- Preference will also be given to qualified Veterans.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in accordance with the standards of Indian Health Services, National Association of Social Workers and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Knowledge and experience working with the Native American culture and lifeways preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory clearance in accordance with the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act Background Investigations Policy.
- Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory result of a Security Background Check, pre-employment drug testing and a pre-employment physical.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Jessica Your Resume