Drafting Manager | Oshkosh, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Directly supervise, plan, assign, and reviews the work of drafters.
- Determine work assignments, train new and current employees on work assignments.
- Lead team in learning and implementing new software, such as, Revit, Solid works, etc.
- Establish deadlines, develops goals, and determines production standards for the department.
- Work closely with project management team to ensure quality drawings.
- Analyze data and reviews drawings and plans to ensure quality of work and project feasibility.
- Provide CAD technical support and develops solutions for all application problems.
- Possess extensive knowledge in drafting and drafting programs.
- Develop a vision and strategy to continually evolve current practices into more effective best practices that meet the needs of the business.
- Review and understand our customer requirements and specifications.
- Actively participate in project team meetings.
- Possess strong communication skills, the ability to lead meetings and ability to actively facilitate progress in order to achieve scheduled goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to keep up with company needs.
Necessary Experience & Qualifications:
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in CAD, Planning, Engineering or related work experience.
- 3-5 Years of experience in CAD disciplines.
- A detailed-oriented person who demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and critical thinking skills.
- Possess physical and mental aptitudes and capabilities that will enable them to do the essential functions of the job.
- Possess ability to learn, problem-solve, independently assess situations and respond appropriately and safely to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate, understand, give or follow written, verbal, or demonstrated instructions, write information and request assistance.
- Ability to communicate well with all types of people – external and internal consumers of services.
- Exceptional project management skills including the ability to create action plans and achieve the timeline.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously.
General Employment Conduct & Responsibilities:
- Promote and encourage the organization’s Mission, Vision, Values and philosophy.
- Attendance on the job, as well as to trainings, continuing education, and meetings as scheduled. Accept additional work assignments as needed.
- Be knowledgeable in and observe all company procedures, and policies.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Cooperate with supervisor in evaluating and improving performance.
- Work cooperatively with all team members.
- Exercise good judgement, decision making and regard for safety within all aspects of performing job duties.
- Appropriately bring to Management/Human Resource’s attention actual or potential violations of standards, policies and/or procedures.
This position will be providing service in a general office environment. There may be exposure to loud noises, white noise, extended periods of sitting, various interruptions, and bright lighting. Special events, conferences, supervisory and management functions may require flexible working hours.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Audrey Your Resume