Estimator | Appleton, WI
- Gather proposals, blueprints and specifications to identify the labor, materials and time requirements of a project.
- Compute the costs of each element of a project and obtain a minimum of three (3) bids on all trades.
- View each job from a global perspective, factoring every aspect that will add to total overall cost of the project.
- Stay in tune with market factors and understand labor, materials, supply chain challenges and other cost drivers at the most fundamental levels.
- Facilitate value engineering efforts through the creative use of alternative means and materials to hit the Owner’s goals in terms of both project costs and timelines.
- Be savvy in developing relationships with subcontractors and prospective vendor-partners as to encourage them to bid on company projects.
- Develop bidder scope of work (Cost Summary Sheet).
- Gain complete knowledge of the project being estimated.
- Solicit subcontractor coverage that ensures a complete, accurate and competitive bid.
- Write proposals for bids as required and or complete bid forms.
- Finish estimates by completing estimate summary sheets and reviewing proposal with PM’s, Sales, Principal in Charge (PIC), Owner and PD’s.
- Ensure that all bids for each trade are received and adjusted so that they reflect the same scope and can be compared to each other.
- Verify assignments to quantity “take offs” with Estimating Coordinator and confirm all information is disseminated to subcontractors, vendors, and others working on the bid.
- Establish format required for “take off”.
- Monitor, review, and oversee subcontract coverage and coordination between trades and divisions of work.
- Evaluate scopes of bids and supervise the entering /take offs on the bid summary. Make adjustments on bid discrepancies as necessary.
- Ensure the bid # and all required forms should be closed and completed the day before the bid is due. Adjustments can then be made the day of the bid.
- Complete takeoffs for self-performed trades.
- Coordinate and facilitate Trade Superintendent reviews as appropriate.
- Set up new bidders, project and bidder’s list in iSqFt. Keep iSqFt and bidder’s list up-to-date.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Jolene Your Resume