Senior Project Manager – Pulp and Paper | Traveling
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Actively engages in day-to-day safety activities.
- Implements the Safety Culture Improvement Plan on your project.
- Embraces safety with a we care mindset and that everyone will go home to their family’s every day culture.
- Be a lifelong learner of how the company can improve project safety every day.
- Lead architects, subcontractors, consultants, suppliers, inspectors, other company job staff and owner’s representatives in resolving issues related to plans, specifications and field constraints or discrepancies.
- Lead meetings with other contractors, client, or A/E representatives to coordinate design and construction efforts.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team to effectively grow the organization and build operating efficiency.
- Appraise performance and development of staff position responsibilities, and established goals.
- Support and promote companywide internship programs and apprenticeship programs
- Engage in companywide training programs and development.
- Mentor assistant project managers and project engineers.
- Assure team has a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents (including the company’s contract, plans, specifications, and applicable codes).
- Lead implementation of the Quality Management System (QMS) and Built in Quality (BiQ) process for the project.
- Lead design studies, provide recommendations for materials and methods, and develop cost estimates.
- Lead the company’s Production System (BPS) with rigor and discipline. This includes master scheduling, production strategies, make work ready, weekly, and daily planning and production tracking.
- Lead subcontractor trade coordination meetings, look ahead planning meetings and submittal review meetings.
- Lead the supply chain procurement process to assure that it aligns with project milestones.
- Lead the process to maintain up-to-date production visuals and site logistics plans.
- Negotiate change orders, manage information on changes in the work; prepare an independent analysis, as the need arises; acquire and review estimates for the changes from subcontractors; acquiring approval of the architect and owner; and resolving any misalignments on project details.
- Provide technical support for cost control (specifically with the risk and opportunity log).
- Lead specific sections of the overall project budget as assigned.
- Provide budget/estimate to internal and external customers for project requests, and make sure expectations of what is included and not included in the scope of work, for that given budget, are clearly defined and communicated.
- Prepare a detailed contract items list including all significant items required for the construction of the project. Develop trade scope of work documents for bid packages, major material, and equipment purchases.
- Develop scopes of work and execute subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Participate in the close-out process. Prepare final records such as RFI’s, close-out records, warranties, as-builts, operation and maintenance manuals, attic stock, spare parts. Evaluate all information to ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Participate in risk management including identification, analysis, response planning and monitoring/controls on a project and demonstrates competency in understanding controls processes for the project to take corrective actions when necessary.
Necessary Experience & Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or equivalent combinations of technical training.
- Solid understanding of construction equipment and techniques, drawings, and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to subject area.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interact and communicate optimally with others.
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Jesse Your Resume