Project Manager | Rochester, MN or La Crosse, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Collaborate with the internal team, and external consultants, in the promotion and elevation of the company’s brand and reputation.
- Take an active role in the company’s Group Lead Generation Program.
- Generate proposal information, and participate in customer presentations, on an as-requested basis.
- Serve as a consultant to the Design Department, offering constructability, schedule and cost containment advice.
- Participate in design quality control reviews for your assigned projects.
- Collaborate with the project team to develop a project-specific strategy that will provide the company with the best opportunity for a successful contract award.
- Collaborate with the internal team to generate a detailed, overall project schedule for each assigned project.
- Collaborate with Pre-Construction Managers in the development of project-specific vendor scopes of work.
- Participate in the vendor qualification process for your assigned projects.
- Collaborate with the project team regarding Value Engineering efforts required to achieve project budget goals.
- Collaborate with Pre-Construction and Accounting to develop project-specific budget input breakdowns that are conducive to capturing quality historical data.
- Generate and execute project-specific purchase orders and subcontracts within a timeframe that meets project-specific budget and schedule requirements – do not allow any subcontractor to start work on site without an executed subcontract agreement in place.
- Code and submit project-specific invoices to Accounting on a weekly basis.
- Estimate required change orders for assigned projects, and make all necessary adjustments to project budgets and forecasting.
- Generate, execute and stay current with all Owner and Subcontractor Change Orders – do not proceed with additional Work without an executed Owner Change Order.
- Generate and submit pay applications per the respective project-specific required date, and collaborate with Accounting to ensure timely funding of pay applications.
- Lead weekly job site coordination meetings, and visit each project job site every other week at a minimum – travel commensurate with assigned projects is required, which could require a travel commitment of up to 35% of your time.
- Monitor all project financials, including bi-monthly forecasting, and take proactive measures to correct deficiencies and improve project results via early intervention – communicate any identified deficiencies to your supervisor immediately.
- Review project financials with the internal project team on each respective project on a monthly basis at a minimum.
- Review pertinent project financials with the Owner on each respective project on a monthly basis at a minimum, including contingency value, allowance values, etc.
- Lead and manage project close-out activities, including warranty call-backs, on a timely basis.
- Verify the level of customer satisfaction of our operations group as judged by our customers.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 8 to 15 years of experience preferred.
- Design-build experience is a plus.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or industry-related program.
- Excellent organizational skills and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Lead and manage all aspects of your assigned projects. Be 100% responsible and accountable for the projects you lead.
- Allow latitude for the team to carry out their responsibilities relatively independently while personally remaining knowledgeable and accountable for the overall project(s).
- Be a problem solver. Provide recommendations and options to help solve problems.
- Ensure proper stewardship of and accountability for overall operational and fiscal integrity of the project.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Brooke Your Resume