President | Greater Milwaukee, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Set up measurable standards of performance for each department, and measure that performance against established goals.
- In conjunction with staff, establish companywide systems and procedures for reporting, project controls, financial controls, and employee relations.
- Display the highest level of organizational and communication skills.
- Must be thoroughly versed in the operations of a construction company, general contractor and design-build firm.
- Must have a solid background in operations and sales.
- Can clearly communicate the company’s status and direction to staff, owners and partners.
- Manage direct reports, including Annual Performance Reviews, and periodic reviews of progress toward the annual goals of any direct reports. Establishment of annual performance goals of any direct reports.
- Must be able to train, instruct and mentor members of the team in various methods and techniques that will enhance the team and company performance.
- Plan, staff and supervise all assigned work unit activities through subordinate managers to ensure a cohesive operational unit.
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to subordinate executives and managers toward their professional development.
- Assist in the establishment, and ensure compliance, of operational units’ short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives.
- Maintain primary profit/loss responsibility for assigned operational units.
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Construction Management or a related field.
- 10+ years of extensive experience in the management of construction projects. Experience in commercial construction is necessary and retail or multi-family construction helpful.
- 15+ years with construction companies and at least 7 years in a leadership position managing high construction value.
- The desire for earned ownership
- Demonstrate ability to maximize company profitability.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, motivational skills and strong analytical skills.
- Be an innovative leader in marketing and operations, corporate growth strategies and positioning the company to excel in its marketplace.
- Demonstrate ability to lead the company during changes in financial cycles.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a company culture consistent with the vision of the owners.
- Ability to comfortably communicate, both verbally and in written correspondence, to senior executives, project team members, consultants, and partners.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Cal Your Resume