Process Engineer | Appleton, WI
Process Engineer | Appleton, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain Product Standard Documentation (P&IDs, I/O Lists, Functional Logic and Descriptions, Basic Electrical Termination Drawings).
- Develop System P&IDs for process modules of two or more machines.
- Review customer P&IDs and layouts against the company’s recommendations and standards.
- Compose technical documentation: Scope of Work, Start-up Instructions, Assembly Instructions.
- Support for Sales – Applications and Technology Departments may include:
- Coordination of Sales P&IDs, Service Requirements, Flowsheet, and estimating in cooperation with Applications, Technology and Product Management
- Providing the process engineering required for successfully applying the Technology Department design concepts
- Creation and cross-checking Performance Warranties (4-6 Eyes Principal) with Technology Department
- Develop Process Tools for Process and Auxiliary Calculation (e.g., Pipe, Chemical Dosing, Pump, Valve calculators)
- Execute customer audits on behalf of Sales and R&D
- Support on the sales process including sales meetings
- Support for Operations – Project Management Department may include:
- Producing standard product documentation of process engineering, i.e. (process description, P&ID, I/O lists, etc.)
- Provide and coordinate process engineering documents with Project Management
- Provide coordination with Project Management and Process Engineering OPEX information for Energy and Resource consumption (Energy, Water, Chemicals, etc.)
- Create, cross-check, and execute Process Checklist for all projects in teamwork with Technology Department (4-6 Eyes Principal)
- Support on-site commissioning and start-up of the company’s machines and systems
- Follow all tasks from the Operations Project Matrix
- Join and support project meetings either internal or external
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience as a process engineer or related field. Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry is a plus.
- Understanding of industrial processes, rotating machinery and good plant design practice.
- Experience in P&ID development/generation.
- Experience understanding and developing mass balances: Excel, CADSIM, FloMac.
- Experience with friction loss calculations and pump sizing.
- Knowledge skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Experience working with 3D plant design is required (Autodesk Navisworks).
- Knowledge of process piping design.
- Basic Knowledge of industrial control systems.
- Ability to travel to job sites for field measurements (up to 30%).
- Strong desire to learn new technical areas (3D Scanning).
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to multitask is essential.
Recruiter Contact Info
Director of Talent – Executive Search
Send Brooke Your Resume