Project Estimator | Oshkosh, WI
Project Estimator | Oshkosh, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
- Estimation of commercial architectural projects from Design of Plan and Specifications.
- Understand the general and insurance requirements.
- Manage and prioritize multiple bidding responsibilities.
- Communicate bidding project concerns to general contractors and architects.
- Prepares construction budget by studying plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Obtains bids from vendors and suppliers by specifying materials; identifying qualified suppliers; negotiating price.
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Delivers presentations by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Track and report status of estimated projects.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to keep up with company needs.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or related field/experience.
- A detailed-oriented person who demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Strong understanding of construction processes and estimating.
- Possess physical and mental aptitudes and capabilities that will enable them to do the essential functions of the job.
- Possess ability to learn, problem-solve, independently assess situations, and respond appropriately and safely to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate, understand, give or follow written, verbal, or demonstrated instructions, write information, and request assistance.
- Ability to communicate well with all types of people – external and internal consumers of services.
- Ability to secure, collect, and utilize data and information necessary to do the job. Use such to make suggestions for the company’s success.
- Exceptional project management skills including the ability to create action plans and achieve the timeline. Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously.
General Employment Conduct & Responsibilities:
- Promote and encourage the organization’s Mission, Vision, Values, and philosophy.
- Attendance on the job, as well as to trainings, continuing education, and meetings as scheduled. Accept additional work assignments as needed.
- Be knowledgeable in and observe all company procedures, and policies.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Cooperate with supervisor in evaluating and improving performance.
- Work cooperatively with all team members.
- Exercise good judgement, decision making, and regard for safety within all aspects of performing job duties.
- Appropriately bring to Management/Human Resource’s attention actual or potential violations of standards, policies, and/or procedures.
This position will be providing service in a general office environment. There may be exposure to loud noises, white noise, extended periods of sitting, various interruptions, and bright lighting. Special events, conferences, supervisory and management functions may require flexible working hours.
This company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Recruiter Contact Info
Director of Talent – Executive Search
Send Audrey Your Resume