Project Superintendent | Rochester, MN or La Crosse, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Collaborate with the internal team, and external consultants, in the promotion and elevation of the comapny’s brand and reputation.
- Take an active role in the company’s Lead Generation Program.
- Participate in customer presentations, on an as-requested basis.
- Serve as a consultant to the Design Department, offering constructability and cost containment advice.
- Serve as a consultant to the Pre-Construction Department, offering means & methods, constructability, productivity, phasing and schedule advice.
- Participate in design quality control reviews for your assigned projects.
- Participate in vendor qualification on an as-requested basis.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the project budget, subcontractor agreements and purchase order agreements for assigned projects.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing an overall project schedule for assigned projects – plan the Work, and Work the plan.
- Generate detailed 3-week look-ahead schedules, and distribute to the project team on a weekly basis.
- Co-chair, with the Project Manager, on-site preconstruction and/or project kickoff meetings with vendors.
- Co-chair, with the Project Manager, weekly jobsite vendor coordination meetings.
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor the on-site vendor activities.
- Collaborate with the design team during the construction phase to respond to vendor RFI’s in a timely manner.
- Request, receive and organize required vendor safety documentation, as well as monitor and enforce safe on-site work practices.
- Coordinate all on-site inspections, including final inspections, with the applicable Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ’s).
- Coordinate all quality control testing per the project requirements.
- Generate and distribute Daily Work Reports for assigned projects.
- Ensure that vendors utilize current Construction Documents for use onsite.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that quality meets/exceeds the project requirements, and coordinate rework as required.
- Maintain on-site as-built documents, and provide to the design team upon substantial completion for as-built documentation.
- Monitor and document all Field Directive changes, and provide to the Project Manager to facilitate required change order documentation.
- Review project financials with the Project Manager on a monthly basis for assigned projects.
- Facilitate the timely completion of the punch list, as well as required commissioning, and assist in obtaining Owner confirmation of final completion.
- Verify the level of customer satisfaction of our operations group as judged by our customers.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 8 to 15 years of experience preferred.
- Design-build experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and effective verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Lead and manage all on-site construction aspects of your assigned projects. Be 100% responsible and accountable for the projects you lead.
- Be a problem solver. Provide recommendations and options to help resolve project-specific challenges.
- Ensure proper stewardship of and accountability for the overall safety of the project.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Jolene Your Resume