Quality Manager | De Pere, WI
Quality Manager | De Pere, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help to establish, monitor and measure key quality performance indicators.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to maintain and implement Quality objectives.
- Facilitate improvement and corrective action on the Quality Management System (QMS) as needed.
- Write, review, and approve documents for accuracy, update as necessary, and re-approve documents. Identify the changes and current document revision status.
- Perform investigations, determine the disposition of returned goods, determine re-inspection requirements, determine corrective and preventive actions, issue complaint reports, complete customer corrective action reports, and approve to close. Look for trends to determine actions to decrease the number of corrective actions.
- Communicate with customers on complaints, process changes, clarification of specifications, completing customer documents, and other projects as needed.
- Perform internal quality system audits as a lead auditor with the guidance of senior staff.
- Improve and maintain Non-Conforming System. Lead investigations, participate in material review activities, determine disposition, determine re-inspection requirement, determine corrective action and approve to close. Look for trends to decrease the number of non-conformances and provide feedback to management.
- Assist the Purchasing Department with supplier management issues and conducts supplier audits.
- Initiate and perform root cause analysis.
- Perform trend analysis and issues periodic reports on quality systems for management review.
- Work with company pre-manufacturing, manufacturing, and inspection personnel on procedural problems involving design, methods, tooling, validations, costs, and other areas related to the control of product quality. Uses statistical and capability analysis to solve problems.
- Provide expertise in all aspects of QA: calibration, incoming materials, document control and QC.
- Participate in customer and ISO audits.
- Supervise QA Technician duties: assign tasks and review work if applicable.
- Train company personnel as needed in areas such as the use of equipment, inspection methods, statistical methods, processes, and quality systems.
- Collaborate with Department Leads to improve quality performance and customer [internal/external] satisfaction.
- Assist in ensuring relevant training and education for effective quality systems management.
- All other duties as assigned.
Necessary Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; at least 5 years relevant experience in the manufacturing industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in manufacturing.
- Proficiency in various Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, or applicable software.
- Experience and general knowledge of lean manufacturing, operational excellence, Six Sigma, 5S, DMAIC, project management, value-stream mapping, business process improvement and auditing.
- Ability to participate on teams and maintain a positive work environment with those teams.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple task assignments.
- Ability to translate quality requirements into product specifications.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external departments.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills, along with a keen sense of attention to detail.
- Excellent blueprint reading and interpretation skills.
Recruiter Contact Info
Director of Talent – Executive Search
Send Brooke Your Resume