Senior Estimator | Green Bay, WI
Senior Estimator | Green Bay, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Reviews the “front end” of the specifications and communicates the requirements to the estimating coordinator, accounting, business development, and project manager as needed.
- Reviews proposal specifications, drawings and attends pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required content of estimate.
- Incorporates historical data from unit prices, purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports and prior estimates to determine bid price.
- Analyzes blueprints and specifications to prepare bids for projects.
- Applies knowledge of construction techniques, principles, and processes to estimate labor and material needs.
- Mentors and trains department staff.
- Prepares budget estimates.
- Provides estimates for self-performed work.
- Procures subcontractor quotes and ensures adequate coverage pre bid.
- Qualifies vendors and subcontractors post bid day to determine cost effectiveness.
- Consults with subcontractors and vendors to formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Conducts studies and computes bids to develop useful data for repeat customer estimates.
- Maintains job cost accounting records on projects with close similarities.
- Serves as a resource for researching technical questions.
- Participates in interviews and sales discussions with owners and architects.
- Represents the company in a professional manner in interviews.
- Determines critical path schedule and sequence of work.
- Participates in hand-off meetings.
- Follows-up on project leads and works to procure new business.
- Builds and maintains customer contact for long-term relationships.
- Oversees the completion and submittal of Prequalification Statements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent relevant construction experience required.
- OSHA 10 certification strongly preferred, with attainment in first 12 months of employment required.
- 10+ years of construction experience with 5+ years of estimating experience in a general contractor environment.
- Strong conceptual estimating skills. Ability to rough out a schedule.
- Familiarity with field practices, scheduling, codes, OSHA safety guidelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook Word, and Excel) required.
- On Screen Takeoff (OST) experience preferred.
- Performs all responsibilities under the intent and obligation to the company’s Core Values of Safety, Craftsmanship, Integrity, Transparency, Community, and Reliability.
- Effective, professional written and verbal communication skills across all levels. Prioritizes availability for other team members as needed.
- Organized, ability to prioritize, meets or exceeds established deadlines.
- Proactive, reliable, self-motivated, and disciplined.
- Works independently and exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to understand and navigate construction plans, documents, and works well in a fast-paced, demanding environment while maintaining composure and a positive attitude.
- Work primarily will be performed from the main office. Occasional travel to potential job sites and pre-bid meetings will be required. Occasional loud environment.
Recruiter Contact Info
Director of Talent – Executive Search
Send Jesse Your Resume