Specifications Specialist | Madison, WI or Lake Delton, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Create all project manuals according to project schedule.
- Interpret architectural and interior design plans and prepares material lists and specifications to be used.
- Modify or writes architectural specifications and compiles specifications documents.
- Coordinate with and assists other staff in determining appropriate specifications to be used on specific projects.
- Maintain master specification, materials and products information files.
- Issue bulletin on specification changes as developed.
- Maintain awareness of the products on the market, maintains and develops the firm library of catalogs and other information for designers and architects to use.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in architecture, engineering or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Candidate must have worked in prior building construction settings, including but not limited to architecture firms, architecture/engineering firms, construction management or specification consulting firms.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an architectural specifications writer.
- Strong knowledge of architectural design, engineering coordination, design trends, products, construction methodology, building systems, material application and manufacturer/supplier appropriateness.
License(s) & Certifications:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Acute knowledge of AIA contract documents and MasterFormat specifications.
- Strong knowledge of building materials and the construction process.
- Strong knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to manage intertwining details and information.
- Solid PC skills and a demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Ability to work between office hours of 7:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am through 12:00 pm (noon) on Friday.
- Ablility to work effectively both independently and as a team member with a client-centric and positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively in an active office environment.
- Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment (telephone, computer, calculator, fax and copier).
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for 90% or more of a 9-hour workday.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Taylor Your Resume