ERG Talent Marketing
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is empowering. It is the foundation to create communities and workplaces where everyone feels a sense of belonging and genuineness. When we do it right, innovation, growth and sustainability will flourish across our communities and workplaces."
Director of Diversity & Inclusion at Oshkosh Corporation
ERG will create a custom framework for hiring strategies on diversity hiring for our clients. This means:
- Finding the talent that meets the parameters our clients desire.
- Developing follow-up parameters for recruiter/candidate communication to ensure effective integration is happening within the business.
- Championing "Experiential Recruiting", where we duplicate the services/lifestyle a potential hire needs to have to make a move.
- We will introduce these candidates to the community and identify a sponsor/mentor for the new diversity hire.
- We will also introduce internal and external affinity groups for integration and community engagement.
ERG will work with company leaders to align DEI actions with the company's business strategy. For a company to stay relevant and ahead of the competition, it is vital to introduce diverse thinking and innovation into the workplace.
- We will create an understanding of how diverse hiring impacts a company's growth with diverse thinking.
- Searches with a specific diversity focus within our shortlist.
- Coaching to get leadership to understand not only diversity hiring, but also the integration piece to belonging.
ERG understands that DEI strategy goes beyond checking a bunch of boxes. That is why as a team, we will implement the following internal DEI strategy:
- Maintain a safe place to learn and be proactive in training and complete weekly exercises.
- Our team members will role model inclusive behavior and act as thought leaders for DEI in our communities.
- We will have the hard conversations, face our own possible implicit biases and inner resistance to diversity, and work toward certifications for team members to "practice what we preach".
Behind the Scenes
Marketing Manager/Community DEI Liaison
Greater Green Bay Chamber of Commerce
Director of Marketing and Investor Relations
New North, Inc.
EDUCATION: University of Wisconsin Green Bay
Business Administration - Marketing | Management
Lorissa is ERG’s champion of DE&I strategy and initiatives. As Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Director, Lorissa serves as a catalyst to leverage best practices and resources in diversity, equity and inclusion work throughout the company and with ERG client organizations. Lorissa is tasked to develop and integrate diversity hiring goals and strategies into business and planning processes and practices. Through teaching, research/discovery and advocacy, Lorissa will infuse equity into the creation, promotion, distribution, and communication of services and programming. The goal is not only to assist with diversity hiring, but to also make sure they integrate into a company with a sense of belonging.
Prior to starting her position as ERG's DEI Director, Bañuelos served as Marketing Manager/Community DEI Liaison, for the Greater Green Bay Chamber. Bañuelos played an integral role in executing marketing and communications for the economic development pillar of the Greater Green Bay Chamber. Further, working in coordination with the economic development strategic plan taskforce coordinator, she championed and implemented DEI strategy and initiatives.
Bañuelos has also held the role of Director of Marketing and Investor Relations, for New North, Inc., Northeast Wisconsin’s regional economic development corporation. Bañuelos focused on providing a positive and engaging experience for New North investors and partners, by building and maintaining strong relationships through constant communication of New North's annual plans, and engagement opportunities is a key function of my position. Being responsible for all marketing efforts, she created copy and assisted in the look and feel of all marketing materials. To enable collaborative efforts to engage investors and the regional economic development and business community, she led the planning and implementation of the organization's events, including the New North Summit, the region’s largest annual networking event.
Bañuelos is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay with a degree in Business Administration, with emphases in Marketing and Management. She held a series of marketing and leadership roles throughout her time at UWGB, including implementation of strategic initiatives for the College of Health, Education and Social Welfare.
A Madison native, Bañuelos credits her time in the New North region with providing her the opportunity to flourish personally and professionally. She is an active volunteer in the Green Bay community, working with organizations such as Junior Achievement and Golden House, to make a positive impact.
The world continues to move at an exponentially faster pace. Change seems to be the only constant. Having diversity of thought inside a business may have been seen as a nicety ten years ago, but today, it is an absolute must-have for firms to be an invaluable part of their customers’ evolving desires and needs. At Boldt, we are on a relentless quest to bring our customers and communities the best solutions. Thanks to the diversity of our team’s backgrounds and life experiences, we bounce ideas around dynamically, allowing optimal solutions to bubble to the surface at the speed of business.
Executive Vice President & General Manager, Northern Operations at The Boldt Company