Estimating Project Manager | Waukesha, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and clearly communicate the bidding strategy, also schedule and lead Bid Kickoff Meetings.
- Review Construction plans and documents.
- Pre-bid kick-off.
- Bid Day.
- Set coverage strategy early and track coverage daily.
- Work in concert with the Budgeter and PM to identify bidding strategy and create trade coverage list and bidders.
- Identify key trades and create key sub-bidders list for bid kickoff meeting.
- Call Subcontractors prior to and during the bidding process to solidify coverage.
- Courses correct early based on coverage needs.
- Review drawings with the budgeter to identify the following:
- What is different from what we budgeted?
- What are the key trades?
- What are potential long lead items?
- Create the Invitation to Bid through our bidding software and distribute it to bidders.
- Acquire pricing from National Vendors if required for the project.
- Monitor coverage throughout entire bid process and direct team efforts to course correct if/when necessary.
- Answer selected RFIs as determined in pre-bid meetings and throughout the bidding process.
- Post or review posted bids – work with Precon PE.
- Assist PM with de-scope and review of bids.
- Create exhibits for Owner contracts.
- Analyze our results for bid coverage.
- Complete budget/bid comparison form.
- Extract unit cost numbers from bids/subcontractors when appropriate.
- Complete analysis of Budget to Bid.
- Update Subcontractor database.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience in Construction Estimating, Project Management, or related field
- Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, and Word proficient
- Ability to read and understand Construction Plans, Specifications, and Bid Documents
- 10-hour OSHA training preferred
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Jolene Your Resume