Director of Construction | Milwaukee, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Must be thoroughly versed in the operations of a construction company, general contractor and design-build firm.
- Oversee the project management staff
- Collaborate closely with the President of the company on operations
- Display the highest level of organizational and communication skills.
- Can clearly communicate the company’s status and direction to staff, owners and partners.
- Manage direct reports, including Annual Performance Reviews, periodic reviews of progress toward the annual goals of any direct reports. Establishment of annual performance goals of any direct reports.
- Must be able to train, instruct and mentor members of the team in various methods and techniques that will enhance the team and company’s performance.
- Plan, staff and supervise all assigned work unit activities through subordinate managers to ensure a cohesive operational unit.
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to subordinate managers toward their professional development.
- Assist in the establishment, and ensure compliance, of operational units’ short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives.
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Construction Management or a related field.
- 10+ years of extensive experience in construction project management, preferably with general contractors.
- Experience in commercial construction necessary and retail construction helpful.
- Demonstrate ability to maximize company profitability.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, motivational skills and strong analytical skills.
- Be an innovative leader in marketing and operations, corporate growth strategies and positioning the company to excel in its marketplace.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a company culture consistent with the vision of the owners.
- Ability to comfortably communicate, both verbally and in written correspondence, to senior executives, project team members, consultants, and partners.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Cal Your Resume