Transportation Design Services Manager | Madison, WI, Milwaukee, WI or Green Bay, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Responsible for growing the design group, providing leadership and mentorship; innovation; building customer relationships.
- Identify new opportunities to grow the design and construction groups.
- Strengthen existing client relationships and develop new ones.
- Work with clients, agencies, and others to obtain and determine project requirements and approvals.
- Supervise the work of other engineers.
- Responsible for invoicing, managing and monitoring the financial performance of project budgets.
- Lead proposal preparation and negotiations with clients.
- Effectively present required information at project interviews, meetings and public hearings.
- Lead and contribute to interdisciplinary project teams.
- Perform technically complex projects and act as a technical resource by providing guidance to staff.
- Identify ways to incorporate innovation and efficiencies into the workflow process.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of project delivery.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of design and understanding of various design methods.
- Strong time management, budgeting and contract negotiation skills.
- Understand client expectations, proposal writing and basic accounting.
- Strong client interaction and relationship skills.
- Experience in WisDOT/transportation project development, roadway design and construction oversight of transportation facilities.
- Proficient in Autocad/Civil 3D and familiar with the latest DFD design standards and delivery requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
- Licensed Wisconsin Professional Engineer (PE).
- 15+ years of transportation engineering/managerial experience.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Jeremy Your Resume