Superintendent – Retail | Traveling
Superintendent – Retail | Traveling
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Directs and supervises labor crew foreman, labor crew, and subcontractors.
- Fulfills staffing requirements according to construction schedule.
- Ensures proper materials, tools, equipment, and labor are available for scheduled work.
- Consults with and directs subcontractors and self-performed work trades engaged in planning and executing work.
- Effectively coordinates various phases of work to ensure timely project deliverables.
- Drives and manages relationships with project managers, owners, architects, inspectors, and engineers to understand the scope of work and evaluate construction progress. Leads project changes, as needed.
- Inspects work-in-progress to ensure conformation to specifications and adherence to schedules.
- Collaborates with the dedicated project manager to forecast upcoming construction phase requirements.
- Champions job site safety. Holds all site workers, including subcontractors, accountable to following all proper safety policies, procedures, and requirements. Reports accidents, injuries, and safety violations.
- Maintains compliance with regards to Storm Water Pollution Protection Plan (SWPPP), controlled access, Hazardous Waste, and Safety. Completes inspections and related reports.
- Chairs weekly foreman’s meeting on site, documenting content regarding safety, toolbox talks, owner feedback, needed materials, compliance, scheduling, etc.
- Composes 3 to 4-week Gantt schedules, maintaining on a weekly basis.
- Completes daily progress reports, as well as daily timesheets for site crew.
- Evaluates progress by labor productivity units and submits completed material and equipment reports.
- Conducts weekly jobsite safety audits, reporting findings weekly.
- Generates RFIs as well as document and communicate resolutions.
- Discusses labor issues with union representatives.
- Collects, reviews, and submits completed new hire paperwork for trade employees.
- Receives and verifies materials.
- All other duties as assigned.
Necessary Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, or equivalent relevant construction jobsite experience.
- OSHA 30 Certification within 90 days of employment start date required.
- 5+ years of in-the-field construction experience.
- 5+ years of construction leadership experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) required.
- Ability to efficiently use technology (e.g., tablet) and the Internet. Proficiency in Procore desired.
- Performs all responsibilities under the intent and obligation to the company’s Core Values of Safety, Craftsmanship, Integrity, Transparency, Community, and Reliability.
- Effective, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, ability to prioritize, meets or exceeds established deadlines.
- Proactive, reliable, self-motivated, and disciplined.
- Works independently and exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to understand and navigate construction plans, documents, and specifications.
- Ability to simultaneously oversee multiple projects in multiple locations.
- Works well in a fast-paced, demanding environment while maintaining composure.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic work environment characterized by changing working and weather conditions indicative of a construction site.
- Ability to sit or stand in place, or walk for long periods of time; reach, climb, or balance; bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; lift/move items up to 25 pounds.
Recruiter Contact Info
Director of Talent – Executive Search
Send Jolene Your Resume