Bid Specialist | Waukesha, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Receive and distribute plans and pertinent information for bids in a timely manner.
- Contact vendors/sub-contractors for quotes, qualifications and other information as required.
- Maintain and update the company list of qualified vendors/subcontractors.
- Answer questions regarding bid process and basic project queries.
- Schedule and take minutes of scope review meetings.
- Compile bid list of qualified sub-contractors.
- Schedule a turnover meeting with Project Team once the project is awarded.
- Assist with reviewing construction documents for bid scope.
- Prepare all bid documents necessary to obtain vendor pricing for various scopes of work included in our bid packages.
- Assist with material lists for both pricing and procurement as required.
- Assist with maintaining the company estimate log and tracks the status of bids.
- Prepare and maintain historical data for evaluation of company labor production and recommend necessary adjustments for profitability and competitive advantages.
- Responsible for the acknowledgment, gathering, logging and tracking of incoming bids and project opportunities from clients.
- Reviews invitations to bid for applicable scopes of work.
- Maintenance, updates, and distribution of the bid list, bid packages, addendums and documentation to ensure complete, accurate and timely bid processing and information flow.
- Assist or prepare the necessary bid or proposal documents for timely distribution and submission.
- Communicates, coordinates, or directs the client’s needs to the appropriate estimator, engineer, or project manager.
- May perform routine quantity take-offs and calculations.
Necessary Qualifications & Skills:
- Associate degree from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and industry experience.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience in the construction industry.
- High attention to detail, accuracy, timing and multitasking.
- Ability to produce and proofread for well-written error-free documents.
- Ability to smoothly handle a variety of situations and problems that may arise, sometimes several at a time, and either solve them or work with others involved to come to a cooperative resolution.
- Strong work ethic.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects while meeting required deadlines.
- Well organized and able to multitask.
- Proficient in software/computer programs and equipment.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Jolene Your Resume