Project Manager | Neenah, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Acknowledge and appreciate field personnel.
- Visit assigned job sites at least once per week.
- Ensure the project appropriately addresses the client’s business drivers.
- Build a project that will satisfy the client for at least 15 years and beyond.
- Develop and promote communication with appropriate parties including clients, architects/engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, corporate supervisors/management, superintendents, craftspeople, and co-workers.
- Facilitate positive relationships with Superintendent, Project Coordinator and Project Executive.
- Cultivate long-term relationships associated with the project.
- Conduct successful buyout process (being aware of scope evaluations, cost efficiencies, and risks).
- Review of Constructability Issues & Past Practice Improvements.
- Review Owner Contracts.
- Receipt from Owner
- Terms and Conditions
- Issue Subcontractor/Supplier Contracts
- Receipt of Sub Contract
- Terms and Conditions
- Special Conditions
- Timely Issuance
- Properly Executed
- Constantly analyze progress of the project.
- Review general project site order and cleanliness, including trailers.
- Monitor quality issues.
- Throughout construction
- Punch list completion
- Warranty follow-up
- Closely monitor subcontractor performance.
- Confirm contract, insurance certificate, and lien waiver documents are current for subcontractors and suppliers.
- Analyze self-perform activities for each job assigned.
- Actively participate in the pursuit of both hard-bid and negotiated projects.
- Orchestrate the pre-construction process, including:
- Budgeting and Cost Control
- Coordination with designers
- Constructability reviews
- Scope identification & Development of Bid Packages
- Permitting process
- Subcontractor qualification
- Set up cost codes and schedule of values.
- Regularly review and analyze job cost and production.
- Address cost concerns (labor, materials, subcontractors/suppliers, equipment).
- Participate in a monthly job cost review with Project Executive.
- Prepare bi-monthly job costing report and present to the executive group.
- Create / Oversee payment applications; demanding timely and accurate processing.
- Closely monitor cashflow.
- Review / Process subcontractor and supplier billings.
- Review retainage reductions and release.
- Process Workflow in a timely manner.
- Price change orders with uniformity and timeliness.
- Approve change orders and issuance of contract revisions to subcontractors/suppliers.
- Subcontractor / sub-tier follow-up.
- Responsible for safety on all assigned projects.
- Ensure that each employee assigned to a job site understands risk concepts and follows company risk control policies.
- Identify and address risk issues at the various stages of design/construction.
- Perform weekly risk analysis and complete weekly observation reports.
- Attend monthly and quarterly stand-down meetings.
- Create project schedule.
- Review equipment utilization and efficiency with the project team.
- Monitor overall progress and ability to meet milestones and/or completion, documenting and communicating potential problems immediately.
- Perform accurate monthly schedule updates.
- Develop look-ahead schedules that are focused on the correct activities and functional areas.
- Experience managing construction projects of various sizes and complexities.
- Thorough understanding of the company and its Project Management computer system, reporting structure, workflow, project scheduling, contracts and other project-related processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage all financial aspects of projects.
- Ability to present a positive company image, to relate well with owners and clients.
- OSHA 30 certified
- LEED accredited (Green Associate or Accredited Professional with a specialty).
- CPR / First Aid certified
Position Skills and Abilities:
- Communication skills, able to carefully listen to client and subcontractor concerns, distill out issues and provide coherent feedback in a timely manner.
- Presentation skills, able to provide information to groups in a way that is interesting and respectful.
- Facilitation skills, able to lead meetings that have productive outcomes.
- Problem-solving skills, able to understand the root cause of problems, develop meaningful solutions, ensure the solution is implemented and evaluated.
- Analytical skills, able to comprehend complex details of a project and fit those details into the larger theme of project success.
- Computer skills, proficient in the use of a PC, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.), company’s email application and company’s construction management / financial reporting software.
Other Position Requirements:
- Strictly adheres to Risk Management policies.
- Practices safe driving at all times.
- Understands construction schedules.
- Develop positive relationships with architects, engineers, subcontractors, superintendents and labor force.
- Works closely with Warehouse Operations professionals to address equipment coordination across projects.
- Prioritizes tasks and follows issues through to completion
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Three to seven years of construction project management experience.
- Proven track record of managing up to five projects at a time.
- A sub-contractor reference.
- Ability to work long hours and “stay on the gun” when away.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Cal Your Resume