Project Estimator | Rochester, MN or La Crosse, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Collaborate with the internal team, and external consultants, in the promotion and elevation of the company brand and reputation.
- Assist in generating proposal information, and participate in customer presentations, on an as-requested basis.
- Become proficient in the use of the following software systems:
- Sage Estimating Software.
- On-Screen Take-off.
- Participate in design phase coordination meetings for your assigned projects.
- Visit project sites, as required, at the front end of the pre-construction phase to garner information regarding the project site and qualified local vendor contacts.
- Contact vendors on the identified project vendor list to confirm with each vendor receipt of the invitation to bid, confirm vendor interest and confirm the information needed by each vendor.
- Collaborate with the design team during the vendor bidding phase to compile RFIs, as well as organize RFI responses into Addendums.
- Complete quantity take-offs as necessary to identify quantities of materials and/or building assemblies for each project.
- Receive, organize and qualify vendor proposals for assigned projects as needed.
- Assist the project team in quantifying Value Engineering efforts required to achieve project budget goals.
- Upon closeout of assigned projects, input ‘actual’ cost data for definable features-of-work in a historical cost data tracking system.
- Print and compile plans and specifications for use by the internal and external project teams.
- Collaborate with Pre-Construction Department team members regarding the following:
- Bid Solicitation Software maintenance.
- Historical Data System maintenance.
- On-Screen Takeoff maintenance.
- Sage Estimating System Maintenance.
- Annual unit price updates.
- Company cost code updates.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5 to 10 years of experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or industry-related program.
- Excellent organizational skills and effective verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Be 100% responsible and accountable for the project activities you are a part of.
- Be a problem solver. Provide recommendations and options to help resolve project-specific challenges.
- Ensure proper stewardship of and accountability for the overall pre-construction integrity of the project.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Cal Your Resume