Civil Engineer | Madison, WI or Milwaukee, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
Position Overview: This client has an immediate opening for a full-time Civil Engineer with experience in civil site design, construction site inspection/administration, and infrastructure-related facilities. They currently have a strong backlog across multiple business sectors and are looking to expand their engineering capabilities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively with clients, staff, and leadership.
- Assist in the design of civil site and infrastructure facilities including site grading, sanitary sewer, water, storm sewer, and storm water management.
- Complete green infrastructure design, specifications, and modeling (volume and pollutant loading).
- Complete erosion control design and specifications.
- Perform construction inspection/administration independently & as part of a team.
- Collect, gather, and interpret field data.
- Assist in the development of all aspects of construction plans including plan & profile sheets, cross sections, typical sections, construction details, storm sewer, construction staging, and quantities.
- Assist in the preparation of documents such as project specifications, design reports, alternatives analyses, agency coordination, permitting, and cost estimates.
- Assist project managers to ensure that project deliverables and budgets are met.
- Attend and participate in meetings with clients and the general public.
- Work cooperatively with other engineers, project managers, and technicians.
- Work in both office and field environments.
- Travel within and outside the continental United States with a team of engineers and technicians to attend meetings and perform field work supporting worldwide Department of Defense installations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited school.
- Ability to travel as needed for meetings and site inspections.
- Excellent communication and client interface skills.
- Capable of lifting and carrying 50 pounds of equipment.
- US Citizen or in possession of a valid green card.
- 5+ years of planning and design experience.
- Successful completion of FE/EIT Exam.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Civil 3D design software, ArcGIS software, WinSLAMM, Recarga, and Hydraflow/TR-55.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Jeremy Your Resume