Controls Engineer | Northeast, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Promote a safe work environment to eliminate workforce incidents/injuries.
- Responsible for Honeywell-Measurex QCS system hardware and software maintenance.
- Responsible for engineering support on process instrumentation projects. Train our E&I Electricians as necessary.
- Maintain all the QA lab test equipment (Preventative maintenance and calibration, equipment repairs, interface with OEM’s as needed, and facilitate external party (Technidyne) annual maintenance for certain instruments.
- Engineer and implement control system changes and upgrades throughout the facility.
- Support electrical shop in troubleshooting electrical control issues involving: PLC’s, drives, three phase starters, instrumentation, and field sensors.
- Program and troubleshoot:
- Rockwell ControlLogix PLC’s
- Rockwell PLC5 PLC’s
- Reliance AutoMate and AutoMax PLC’s
- Reliance AutoMax Drives
- Rockwell 1336 Drives
- Rockwell Powerflex (70, 700, 700S, and 755) Drives
- Rockwell Powerflex DC drives
- Rockwell Batch
- Rockwell PanelView
- Wonderware HMI
- Understand and troubleshoot control hardware communication protocols: Ethernet, Rockwell: Remote I/O (RIO), Data Highway Plus (DH+), and ControlNet, Reliance DCS-Net and R-Net.
- Create and update electrical and P&ID AutoCAD Drawings.
- Upgrading control system servers and troubleshooting server issues.
Position Skills & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Four or more years of experience programming a variety of PLC’s, HMI’s and Variable Speed Drives.
- Self-directed individual who can engage and influence others.
- Recognizes a sense of urgency and displays the ability to engage people in a positive manner to move outlined initiatives forward.
- Works effectively in ambiguous situations with a sound ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Maintains a positive approach as an unwavering advocate for a culture of safety and Operational Excellence.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Brooke Your Resume