Estimator | Milwaukee, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Stay in constant communication with Business Development, Operations, and Project Management to understand current and future work opportunities.
- Prepare a detailed scope of work for each job to be quoted from an on-site project review and gathering all bid documents provided by the customer.
- Provide a detailed estimate for each job including cost of materials, drawing/detailing, labor, equipment, travel expenses, subcontractors, permits, etc.
- Understand job specific material specifications/certifications to facilitate the most accurate material estimate available.
- Review all contract language prior to completing and sending a quote; this includes schedule, subcontractor agreements, payment terms, insurance/bonding requirements, liquidated damages, etc.
- Meet with the project manager and fabrication department after bidding and being awarded a project to review the job scope, bid, hours, materials, etc.
- Coordinate with the fabrication department about material ordering and availability.
- Coordinate with vendors and subcontractors to get all necessary materials and services ordered.
- Be an active resource/team member during the project and be readily available to support the job as necessary.
- Actively monitor the schedule and financial performance of the job related to the detailed scope of work and estimate- and raise concerns immediately to the project manager and your manager.
- Make constant adjustments to your estimating strategy based on past performance of jobs and be very aware and informed of new technology and efficiency gains in the fabrication department.
- Be an active participant in post-job review to understand contributing factors to successes/failures of jobs as it pertains to future estimating.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Construction Management and/or 3-5 years of industry experience in a Project Management or Estimating position.
- Estimating experience is required.
- Demonstrated Success in prior roles/projects. Project portfolio/examples preferred.
- Experienced with a PC and Microsoft Office, ability to use CAD or Tekla is a plus. Experience with estimating
software a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to remain cool under pressure and handle multiple jobs/responsibilities as the same time.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Audrey Your Resume