Controller | Racine, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, and Revenue Recognition.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Work with the company’s leadership to make financial decisions and plan for the future.
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. An MBA or related advanced degree is preferred.
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller.
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
The Controller is responsible for all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures. This role involves overseeing all financial and accounting operations, coordinating with auditors for audit preparation, and reporting on financial performance.
This role requires a professional with a strong understanding of accounting and finance principles, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to communicate effectively. This individual will play a key role in financial decision-making and operations, driving the company’s financial planning, and ensuring the company’s financial reports are accurate and comply with regulations.
Connect with Us
Send ERG Your Resume