Senior Project Architect – Hospitality | Madison, WI or Lake Delton, WI
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Carries out the overall architectural design of the project, utilizing full resources of the firm.
- Integrates and coordinates all disciplines into the building project.
- Meets the project design schedule and design construction budgets.
- Assigns and reviews work of project design team. Checks progress of work and alert Project Manager to change of scope or additional services.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within company and externally with clients and other design professionals.
- During the design phase, maintains contact with the client, attends all design meetings and keeps the project manager or principal-in-charge fully apprised of design development as well as any decisions that may affect the design schedule, design budget or construction budget.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Performs various project coordination duties: may assist project manager or principal-in-charge in project analysis, programming, site analysis, scheduling and establishing project objectives; coordinates activities of all professional disciplines assigned to the project; assists in the identification of the client’s expectations for quality, price and schedule.
- Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Various design‐related duties: participates in the conceptual, schematic and design development phases; works closely with the designer in providing a professional point of contact with the client during the design process; provides project manager or principal-in-charge with input in establishing and monitoring project budget and schedule; assists in creation of packages for conceptual, first review and second review; coordinates work of designers and interior designers.
- Maintains continual client communication during construction document preparation; maintains contact as a liaison between the client and the company; guides the owner’s representatives, their outside consultants and their resources as necessary.
- Assists with construction document preparation: maintains the information flow to the project team; assures that construction documents accurately reflect the contract scope and design intent; reviews construction documents periodically to ensure accuracy; coordinates all technical information from vendors and owners; coordinates building code reviews with appropriate agencies; conducts reviews with the client; represents the architect of record; coordinates with the project manager or principal-in-charge in determining construction and early bid document requirements.
- Manages construction bidding process in competitive bidding scenario.
- Assists with project turnover to construction administration personnel to ensure a smooth transition.
- Assist in the education and development of design staff and act as resource for design questions.
- Promotes use of and participates in development of company design and production standards.
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited architectural program, Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree from an NAAB-accredited School of Architecture.
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience after obtaining professional license to include coordination of multiple projects, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
License(s) & Certifications:
- Registered Architect
- NCARB Certified (preferred)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Extensive experience in all areas of architectural design with a portfolio that includes significant hospitality experience.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, communication and poise, capable of presenting to senior business and community leaders and review boards. Professional ability to communicate design ideas visually, written and verbally to all audiences.
- Well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills to facilitate close work with clients, field personnel and internal departments in achieving deadlines and quality work.
- Ability to remain organized with multiple interruptions.
- Proficient computer skills and a demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient with computer-aided drafting programs.
- Able to work effectively both independently and as a team member with a client-centric and positive attitude.
- Ability to work between office hours of 7:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am through 12:00 pm (noon) on Friday.
- Ability to communicate in an active office environment and with clients and the public in various venues.
- Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment (telephone, computer, calculator, fax and copier).
- Ability to conduct client and public presentations and meetings using typical presentation technology.
- May be required to visit project and construction sites, which requires the ability to perform site duties up to eight hours or more at a time; traverse rugged conditions; work in adverse weather conditions. Requires ability to traverse site, ascend/descend ladder/stairs/equipment and position oneself to accomplish tasks.
- Occasionally may be required to access exterior heights several stories above the ground. May be exposed to large, moving machinery, fumes, airborne particles, vibration and other job site hazards.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to travel via ground and air transport.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for 80% or more of a 9-hour workday.
- Periodic overtime may be required.
- No staff report directly to this position; however, this position coordinates activities and reviews the work of the CADD services and interiors departments as it relates to specific projects. This position has no direct operational budget authority; however, it is involved in the project budget process by providing input and monitoring project expenditures as appropriate.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Jessica Your Resume