Traveling Superintendent | Midwest
The job description featured below is just a small snapshot of this role! We’d love the opportunity to tell you more about this client’s culture, strong industry reputation, and exciting growth plans for this position and the company over the next few years – so give us a call today to discuss at 920.996.9700!
- Enforce company safety policy.
- Ensure safety notifications, subcontractor safety program, SDS, appropriate signage, and all other safety protocols are on site, posted, and communicated.
- Conduct and return signed weekly safety meetings to the office.
- Maintain proper housekeeping on-site to ensure a safe and productive work site.
- Perform daily, weekly, and site-specific safety inspections.
- Perform 30/70/90 Design/Build construction document reviews as assigned by Project Manager and provide constructability review comments to Project Team.
- Review construction documents for constructability and construction sequence.
- Review submittals for constructability and coordination with commentary to Project Team.
- Enforce all SWPPP requirements, controls, perform inspections, and ensure all SWPPP requirements as required are implemented and maintained.
- Enforce Quality Assurance program with independent testing agency and coordination all required inspections.
- Facilitate all required governmental inspections establishing a professional rapport with all inspectors and ensuring all require inspections and quality standards met or exceeded.
- Confirm that all work placed meets or exceeds quality standard established by the contract documents and TRC Company Standards.
- Assistant in preparation and updating preconstruction and construction schedule as assigned by project manager.
- Implement master schedule and coordinate project to meet master schedule objectives. Take necessary action to ensure that the project is completed per established schedule.
- Schedule work activities of crews and subcontractors to effectively sequence activities.
- Prepare, distribute and enforce three-week look ahead schedule. Review with Project Manager to ensure objectives are met.
- Work in tandem with Project Manager to ensure all scheduled tasks, critical path, milestone and end dates are met or exceeded.
- Attend project kick-off meeting with Project Team.
- Assist Project Manager in ordering all Division 01 General Requirements items including temporary facilities, security, trailer, temporary power, etc. as necessary for project.
- Post all required jobsite documentation.
- Arrange for proper size crews on the jobsite to meet project schedule.
- Manage material procurement and deliveries as necessary to meet project schedule.
- Ensure that building inspections are completed at the appropriate times.
- Oversee maintenance and protection of Company Equipment and Property.
- Ensure construction complies with all municipal ordinances.
- Ensure proper and accurate job layout.
- Identify and administer field RFI’s and notify Project Team for response.
- Maintain professional relationships with Project Team, Owner, Vendor, Subcontractors, Government Officials and/or any other stakeholder affiliated with the project.
- Provide job site leadership upholding TRC standards for all tradesmen and visitors on site.
- Provide job site leadership and assist Project Team in maintaining high level of Customer Service and relationship building with Customer/ Project Owner.
- Supervise subordinates according to labor contract specifications.
- Confirm that all construction documents being used on site are current.
- Ensure that timesheets and expenditures are recorded and submitted with receipts to TRC.
- Record detailed Daily Report of all site activities and submit per TRC Company Policy.
- Provide weekly project photo documentation (at minimum) to include all relevant conditions and other critical work areas to document compliance with project specifications.
- Generate back-up for owner change orders and subcontract back-charges.
- Conduct jobsite meetings as specified by Project Team and maintain regular and effective communication with the Project Manager.
- Implement, with Project Manager, Preliminary Punch List inspections.
- Implement, with Project Manager, Punch List inspection including Architect/Owner. Coordinate and complete all punch list item in scheduled timeframes.
- Implement, with Project Manager, all Closeout/Commissioning/Training activities, meetings and presentations with Owner.
- Obtain occupancy and final inspections/permits and submit to Project Manager.
- Disconnect and obtain all final billings for all construction/temporary services and facilities.
- Maintain field set as-built drawing and return to Project Manager as closeout.
- Attend project close-out meeting with Project Team as scheduled.
- High School Diploma and commercial construction field experience.
- 10 yrs+ field experience managing equivalent size/complexity commercial projects.
- Knowledge of overall professional business etiquette, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Microsoft Project and excellent oral & written communication skills needed.
- Exceptional organizational skills required with the ability to multi-task.
- Self-perform labor as applicable; assist Director with supervision of Project Engineer I / Project Engineer II on project-specific basis.
Recruiter Contact Info
Send Jolene Your Resume